Intermediate Electrical Engineer (Thunder Bay)
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical department in Thunder Bay, ON.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you’ll manage and support electrical multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment and maintenance of budgets and schedules. Working in a team environment, you will ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and up to high quality standards.
- Designing modifications to, or entirely new, electrical systems related to commercial, institutional, industrial, and hydroelectric construction.
- Managing and executing multiple projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large in the commercial sector.
- Specification and report preparation and detailed review.
- Engineering drawing preparation and review.
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met.
- Pursuing new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Managing and mentoring junior staff.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant bringing forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in electrical engineering with some project management skills (Tracking budgets and meeting schedules). Experience with hydroelectric generation facilities would be an asset.
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with PEO. Registration in other Canadian provinces would be an additional asset.
- Previous consulting experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of power distribution systems up to MV level.
- Knowledge of building systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of industrial controls is an asset.
- Knowledge of hydro stations is an asset.
- Detailed Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, Building Code and other relevant codes and standards for construction of new facilities and facility expansions.
- Experience working with Architects is an asset.
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects.
- Experience with the following items would be an asset:
- Electrical required for building mechanical systems,
- Fire alarm detection & notification systems,
- Structured cable systems and networking,
- Security systems,
- Lighting & control systems,
- Intercom, public address and paging systems,
- Emergency systems
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.