Intermediate Mechanical Engineer (Vancouver)
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Mechanical Industrial group in Vancouver, BC.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will play a support role within the group, performing technical work as well as branching out into project management related tasks. The intent is for the successful candidate to learn and grow in this position under the mentorship of our Senior Engineers. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with the opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage small mechanical industrial projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment of budgets and maintaining client relationships.
- Provide project technical support on large multidisciplinary engineering projects.
- Mechanical engineering analysis and design of projects from a wide range of industries.
- Preparation of reports.
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines and the project management team, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved.
- Mentor junior staff as required.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in mechanical engineering with demonstrated technical (data analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing) and project management skills (writing project progress reports, tracking budgets and maintaining schedules).
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with EGBC, as well as other Canadian provinces.
- Demonstrated mechanical design experience in at least one of the following areas: process piping design, industrial ventilation design, mechanical equipment specification/design/selection, refrigeration, material conveying systems, hydraulic systems, fire protection, oil & gas, atmospheric and pressure vessel design, procurement and construction support from tendering to inspections.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Ability to travel to project sites on an as required basis for ½ day or 1 day site visits, typically for data collection or attendance at coordination or design review meetings.
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.