Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our well established Mechanical Industrial group in Winnipeg, MB.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm based in Manitoba. We’re multi-disciplinary and have led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally.
With approximately 270 local engineers, scientists and support staff, we offer numerous resources to collaborate, learn and grow. The Mechanical Industrial group in particular numbers approximately 15, providing a significant support network with other intelligent, motivated staff. We work together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, collaborative work environment. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada.
The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will play a support role within the group, with a focus on multidisciplinary project management related tasks with opportunities to branch out into design work. The intent is for the successful candidate to learn and grow in this position under the mentorship of our Senior Engineers and Project Managers. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment with the opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide project management support on multidisciplinary industrial projects from the proposal stage through to completion with a focus on maintaining excellent client relationships;
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines and the project management team, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- Preparation of reports;
- Provide some project technical support on large multidisciplinary engineering projects;
- Mentor junior staff as required.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant bringing forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a recognized university;
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in mechanical engineering with demonstrated project management skills (coordinating multidisciplinary teams, client communication, writing progress reports, tracking budgets and maintaining schedules);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Mechanical design experience in at least one of the following areas: process piping design, industrial ventilation design, mechanical equipment specification/design/selection, refrigeration, material conveying systems, hydraulic systems, fire protection, oil & gas, atmospheric and pressure vessel design, procurement and construction support from tendering to inspections;
- Registered (or eligible for registration) with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba;
- Ability to travel to project sites on an as required basis for ½ day or 1-day site visits, typically for attendance at coordination or design review meetings and/or data collection.
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.