Intermediate Mechanical Technologist (Vancouver)
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Industrial Mechanical Technologist to join our growing Mechanical Industrial group in Vancouver, BC.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Industrial Mechanical Technologist to join our growing team in Vancouver, British Columbia. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in piping design and drawing preparation.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Design development and drafting of tender/construction drawings.
- Review of shop drawings and respond to contractor inquiries.
- Perform site inspections to identify good and bad installation practices.
- Review and discuss change orders with contractor and client.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Completion of a three-year engineering technology diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in piping design and drawing preparation.
- Preferable that candidate is from a smaller firm.
- Candidate must be proficient using 3D Piping software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Be committed to a high quality of work.
- Ability to travel to project sites on an as required basis for ½ day or 1 day site visits.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.