Intermediate Municipal Engineer
We’re looking for an Intermediate Municipal Engineer to join our Winnipeg team.
Over the past 30 years, KGS Group has grown to be the largest employee-owned engineering consulting firm based in Manitoba. We work in nearly every area of engineering and have led significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally.
Our work in Manitoba ranges from the design and construction of stormwater management, flood protection, sewage collection and treatment, water distribution and treatment, trenchless and tunnelling projects, land development and commercial, industrial and recreational facilities. Some of our local successes include the $100 million Cockburn Sewer Relief project that introduced several new tunnelling technologies to the Province; and our work on local landmarks such as The Forks, Waterfront Drive, and the Riverwalk, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the Bell MTS Centre, expansion of the Manitoba Floodway, and the expansion of Birds Hill Lake, to name a few.
In this role, you will manage small to large municipal engineering projects from the proposal stage through to completion. You would be joining our local municipal staff of 30 people and will have the resources and knowledge to learn from to help you continue to grow. Our Winnipeg office also includes 270 multi-disciplinary engineers, scientists and support staff to provide additional support and expertise in all areas of engineering. While you grow we will also need you to be a leader in your own right to mentor junior staff.
Your mission will be to ensure project objectives, schedules and budgets are met. On any given day, you’ll have the opportunity to interface directly with clients that may include major urban centers, municipalities, First Nations, provincial and federal organizations and private industry. You’ll prepare designs, reports, studies and contract documents. You will be part of a team that delivers innovative solutions for our clients. All of this will take place in our friendly, collaborative work environment where you will work together with other disciplines to get the job done.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- P. Eng. designation
- 8 years of related work experience in the planning, design and implementation of municipal infrastructure projects including:
- land development
- land drainage modelling
- infrastructure condition assessment
- innovative tunnelling and trenchless design
- water and wastewater treatment
- sewer and water distribution systems design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with municipal engineering software (examples: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, InfoWorks ICS or other stormwater modelling software, WaterCAD or other water distribution modelling software)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of relevant municipal and guidance documents (examples: Construction Contracts and Standard Construction Specifications for the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba Water Services Board and Manitoba Infrastructure)
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.