Intermediate Municipal Engineer
KGS group is seeking an Intermediate Municipal Engineer to join our well-established Municipal Department.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this position, you will play a key role in developing municipal projects from the proposal stage through design, construction and final delivery.
You will work on design projects that both build on your existing knowledge and expand your engineering experience through mentorship from our senior staff. You will work collaboratively on projects within the municipal department as well as on multi-disciplinary projects with the various other departments at KGS Group. Depending on your personal career path, you will (under the leadership of our senior engineers) focus on design development or take on project management responsibilities. Opportunities will continue to be provided to expand your knowledge and participate larger municipal infrastructure projects catered to your interests.
Your mission will ensure project objectives schedules and budgets are met. On any given day, you’ll have the opportunity to interface directly with clients that include major urban centers, municipalities, First Nations, provincial and federal organizations, and private industry. You will prepare designs, reports, studies, and contract documents. You will be part of a team that delivers innovative solutions for our clients. All of this will take place in our friendly, collaborative work environment where you will work together with other disciplines to get the job done.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop designs that support a team or act as lead designer on municipal infrastructure projects related to one or multiple areas including stormwater management, water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, linear infrastructure, land development, flood protection, and recreational and waterfront facilities
- Work with and provide guidance to our junior staff
- Participate in and promote KGS Group’s safety-first culture
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualification and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Eng. designation
- 8 years of related work experience in the planning, design and implementation of municipal infrastructure projects in one or all of the broad range of municipal disciplines including:
- Infrastructure condition assessments
- Stormwater management
- Water treatment and distribution
- Wastewater treatment and collection
- Trenchless and Tunnelling installations of Linear Infrastructure
- Land development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Familiarity with municipal analysis software would be considered favorably (ex. stormwater modelling software or water distribution modelling software)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Working knowledge of relevant municipal and guidance documents (examples: design guidelines, construction contracts and standard construction specifications)
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.