Intermediate Structural Engineer
We're looking for an Intermediate Structural Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the design of commercial and industrial projects to join our well-established, Thunder Bay structural team.
KGS Group is an employee-owned engineering firm with a history of leading the planning, design and management of significant public and private projects across Canada and internationally. This ranges from commercial, institutional and industrial facilities to infrastructure and rehabilitation projects.
With over 400 employees across our offices, we offer numerous opportunities to learn, develop and lead. Our multi-disciplinary team works together, creating innovative solutions for our clients in a friendly, flexible work environment. It's a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects all throughout Canada and beyond.
- In this role, you'll manage structural design of multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment and maintenance of budgets and schedules;
- You will provide structural design of small to large commercial and industrial projects;
- Working in a team environment with our other structural department personnel, management and administrative staff, you will prepare tender and construction documents or reports;
- You will prepare technical reports;
- As an intermediate member of our structural team, you'll also mentor junior staff and manage support personnel as required.
Your Qualifications and Credentials
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering specializing in structural design from a recognized university;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in structural engineering with demonstrated technical (analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing) and project management skills (writing project progress reports, tracking budgets and maintaining schedules);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Registered (or eligible to become registered) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO). Registration in other Canadian provinces or US states would be an additional asset;
- Availability to periodically travel to project sites on an as required basis for 1/2 day or 1-day site visits, typically for data collection, review of construction or attendance at coordination or design review meetings;
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries;
- Must have a valid driver's license.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.