Intermediate Structural Technologist (Vancouver)
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Structural Technologist to join our growing office in Vancouver, BC.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As an Intermediate Structural Technologist at KGS Group your primary duties will be to prepare engineering models, drawings and documents, perform site inspections to gather data, and to assist our structural team with project specific tasks. You will produce models and drawings using primarily AutoCAD, and documents with Microsoft Office software. You will work to complete tasks independently as well as collaborate as part of a design team.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare structural engineering models and drawings with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Perform Building Code Reviews and Analysis.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of proposals, memorandum and reports.
- Assist in gathering technical information for reports, specifications and analysis.
- Perform basic calculations and present them in a logical and organized manner.
- Effectively and accurately communicate information and ideas.
- Assist in preparation of presentations.
- Perform inspections and, on occasion, periods of field work may be required.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Completion of a three-year structural engineering technology diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in preparing structural engineering models and drawings.
- Working knowledge of the building code, structural design and construction, and drafting standards.
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD 2018, Revit 2018.3, or later versions.
- Willingness and ability to perform site inspections. Must hold a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- The ability to successfully meet tight deadlines while producing accurate and highly detailed data.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision, as an individual and with a team.
- The ability to visualize and communicate complex construction details.
- Willingness to learn new software programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to quality and safety.
- Previous general experience in the construction industry would be considered an asset.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.