Intermediate Transportation Engineer
KGS Group is seeking an Intermediate Transportation Engineer to join our Saskatchewan team in our Saskatoon or Regina office.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter what the project is, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As an Intermediate Transportation Engineer, you will join a strong Transportation team at KGS. You will contribute knowledge and experience to the planning, design, and construction of highway and urban transportation infrastructure in Saskatchewan and other western Canadian provinces.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducting traffic operations, transportation planning and safety assessments for rural and urban environments.
- Preparing functional, preliminary, and detailed design drawings.
- Preparing technical documents.
- Geometric design of roadways projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or CAiCE design software.
- Preparing quantity calculations and cost estimates.
- Preparing construction specifications and documentation.
- Providing technical support in the context of Transportation Engineering and achieve project objectives.
- Providing field construction inspections and contract administration.
- Prepare planning reports, functional, preliminary, and detailed designs associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of highways, interchanges, arterial roads, collector roads, local roads, transit facilities and bicycle infrastructure.
- Prepare proposals, design criteria, preliminary designs, detailed engineering specifications, and reports.
- Liaise with clients, government and regulatory authorities, and contractors.
- Assist in preparation for and participation in public information meetings.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experience. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in civil engineering.
- Eligible for registration with APEGS.
- A general knowledge of highway/road planning and design and hold a post-secondary degree in Civil Engineering or a Civil Engineering Technology diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- A strong interest in working in the transportation field, specifically roadway planning/design/construction.
- An ability and interest to work in one or all the following software packages; Synchro/SimTraffic, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or CAiCE for the development of transportation concepts and alternatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong people skills, and ability to work with wide variety of staff and clients.
- Strong writing skills, including experience in the preparation of technical memos and reports.
- Strong project management capabilities and proposal/report writing skills.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.