Marketing Communications Specialist (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is looking for a creative, driven and collaborative Marketing Communications Specialist to join our marketing and communications group in our Winnipeg office.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
In this role you will contribute to a wide variety of marketing and communications projects and activities to help us build a global reputation for quality engineering services. You will also assist with developing quality internal communication.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare high impact marketing and communications materials such as social media and website/intranet content, blog posts, advertisements, presentations, brochures/flyers, videos, etc.
- Assist the Corporate Communications Manager with developing effective marketing and communications strategies and help track our success
- Develop, monitor and maintain our social media presence, website and intranet
- Help plan and contribute to internal communication initiatives and materials
- Collaborate with HR to develop recruitment and onboarding materials/strategies and contribute to social and wellness initiatives
- Help plan, coordinate and track marketing and communications activities such as sponsorships, conferences and tradeshows, promotional merchandise/clothing and client events
- Be a champion of our brand and ensure brand standards are met across the organization
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in communications or marketing
- Exceptional communication skills with advanced writing and editing abilities
- A great eye for design, basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience maintaining websites and social media
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Collaborative team player with a can-do attitude, willing to pitch in wherever is needed
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Video production skills would be considered an asset
- Photography skills would be considered an asset
An online portfolio may be required as part of the application process.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.