Mechanical BIM Designer (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking a Mechanical BIM Designer to join our well-established Commercial Mechanical & Electrical Department in Winnipeg, MB.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
You will work in a collaborative environment as part of the team of designers and engineers to develop solutions to the challenging projects our clients bring.
Work duties would include the design of plumbing, fire protection and HVAC systems for a wide variety of commercial, institutional and light industrial projects using design software including Building Information Modelling (BIM). Responsibilities include: heating/cooling load calculations, equipment sizing, layout and design of piping and duct systems, coordination with other disciplines, vendors and architects, production of working drawing and specifications.
A good working knowledge of Revit is essential, as the role ultimately requires production of working drawings. Knowledge of AutoCAD is also considered an asset.
The position also has the potential for growth into BIM leadership/management opportunity for the right individual.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in commercial mechanical design including multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion.
- Develop designs and produce working drawings of mechanical systems using Revit and/or AutoCAD for small to large projects.
- Assist with site reviews during both the design and construction phases of the project when required.
- Assist with electrical construction administration to coordinate with contractors, review shop drawings and answer RFI’s.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Diploma in electrical design technology specializing in commercial mechanical design from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Three to five years’ experience in mechanical commercial designs with demonstrated technical abilities (Revit, analysis, code and regulations reviews, design calculations, technical report writing).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- CET registration is considered an asset.
- Availability to periodically travel to project sites on an as required basis for 1/2 day or 1-day site visits, typically for data collection, review of construction or attendance at coordination or design review meetings.
- Ability to adapt to and meet the challenges of a variety of different projects from clients in many different industries.
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to learn and grow skills are highly desired traits. Individuals who possess these attributes will benefit from our in-house and on-the-job training and mentoring provided by senior staff.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.