Mechanical Engineer-in-Training (Mississauga)
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Mechanical Engineer-in-Training to join our well-established Mechanical Department in Mississauga, ON.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you will gain valuable experience in the hydroelectric and power generation field, working alongside a group of senior engineers working on projects involving power generation from refurbishing old facilities to developing greenfield sites.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to work with a highly experienced multi-disciplinary group of engineers to gain experience while working towards obtaining their Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) license.
- In this role, you’ll work in a team environment to prepare studies, preliminary drawings, technical specifications, detail designs, calculations and associated construction drawings.
- Perform site and factory inspections for drawing compliance or data gathering and provide support for the preparation of subsequent reports.
- Working in a team environment, you will ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and up to high quality standards.
- Participate in meetings and assist with recording actions and minutes.
- Providing assistance with the development and write-up of proposals.
- You will work on assigned projects under the guidance of an Intermediate to Senior Engineer while collaborating with other engineers and designers.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Recent graduate of an accredited Mechanical Engineering program. Advanced degrees (i.e., M. Eng., M. Sc.) will be considered an asset.
- You are registered or eligible for registration as an Engineer-in-Training in the province of Ontario, with an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office). AutoCAD skills are an asset.
- Knowledge of welding, non destructive testing and fabrication is an asset.
- Knowledge of piping systems, pumping and ventilation is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- High attention to detail and a strong work ethic are essential.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.