KGS Group is seeking an Mechanical Engineer-in-Training to join our well-established office in Winnipeg, MB or Regina, SK.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
The Mechanical Engineer in Training will work in a team environment to prepare electrical engineering designs and related documents. You will work on assigned projects under the guidance of Intermediate to Senior level Engineers while collaborating with engineers and designers from other disciplines. Working in a team environment, you will ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and up to high quality standards.
You will gain valuable experience in commercial building systems including HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection. You will be expected to assist in creating and performing changes to drawings in both 2D plans in AutoCAD and 3D models in Revit.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate to work with a highly experienced multi-disciplinary group of engineers to gain experience while working towards obtaining their Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) license.
- Design of commercial building mechanical systems under the guidance of intermediate and senior engineers
- AutoCAD and Revit drafting. On-the-job training will be provided however experience would be considered an asset
- Attend Site inspections for drawing compliance or data gathering
- Preparation of preliminary drawings, equipment technical specifications, detail design and associated construction drawings. Design of commercial mechanical systems including HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection
- Perform routine calculations and design as directed
- Make equipment selections and communicate with vendors
- Issue drawings and other documents
- Assist with the preparation and review of proposals and reports
- Work in a team environment and attend multi-disciplinary project meetings
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines including architects, clients and contractors
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant bringing forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Recent graduate of an accredited Mechanical Engineering program from a recognized university
- Registered (or eligible to become registered) with APEGM APEGS as an Engineer in Training (E.I.T.)
- Strong understanding of power systems theory and green building designs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Previous experience with AutoCAD and Revit will be considered and asset
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing/able to undergo security clearance checks
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.