KGS Group is seeking a Petroleum, Industrial or Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team in Saskatchewan. With offices in Regina and Saskatoon, KGS Group is looking for someone in either office who will bring their experience, skills, and interest to this fast-growing group.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Group Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
- Designing, coordinating and delivering on a wide range of technical projects either as project manager or by participating on multidisciplinary teams.
- Managing multiple projects at once, while communicating milestones and deliverables to affected departments to ensure both are met for all projects.
- Providing approvals, technical oversight (as required) and mentoring on proposals and projects.
- Managing client satisfaction and client retention.
- Providing pipe stress analysis support across KGS Group.
- Exploring business development opportunities and securing new clients and work for department.
- Facilitating coordination of multi-disciplinary work and inter-departmental activities.
- Working with the Quality Management team to uphold quality standards and procedures.
- Supporting the Health and Safety Management team to practice and reinforce safety as top priority, ensuring compliance with local legislated and best practice safety needs and confirming required safety training and equipment is available to all staff.
- A professional engineer registered in the Province of Saskatchewan or eligible to be.
- A combination of technical, field and business management experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with oil and gas, refinery, or pipeline experience.
- Preference may also be given to candidates with pipe stress analysis proficiency using Caesar II or equivalent software.
- Previous experience managing projects and multi-disciplinary project teams in engineering is considered an asset.
- Organizational and time skills with ability to manage diverse workloads, often with conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Strong leadership skills to provide effective project management, team participation, and further the knowledge of the engineering group.
- Ability to work independently, use initiative, and make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the Microsoft suite of programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Solid experience with pumps, pressure vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, tanks, ventilation/HVAC, material handling and balance of plant systems in industrial facilities are preferred.
- Experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support are an asset.
- Class 5 driver’s license for travel to project sites as required.
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.