KGS Group is currently looking for a Mechanical Technologist to join our growing Mechanical department in our established Regina or Saskatoon offices.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter what the project is, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As a Mechanical Technologist at KGS Group your primary duties will be to prepare engineering models, drawings, and documents, perform site inspections to gather data. You will produce models and drawings using primarily AutoCAD, Plant 3D and documents with Microsoft Office software. You will work to complete tasks independently as well as collaborate as part of a design team.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Design development and drafting of tender/construction drawings.
- Review of shop drawings and respond to contractor inquiries.
- Perform site visits to verify as-built conditions and gather information for new designs.
- Develop layouts and bills of materials from sketches provided by the design team.
- Identify areas of interferences and develop solutions to minimize materials.
- Provide support to the design team by developing preliminary P&IDs for clarity on flow, equipment, and design parameters.
- Graduate of accredited technology program and computer aided drafting and design.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in piping design and drawing preparation.
- Experience working in engineering consulting.
- Proficient in using 3D Piping software, including AutoCAD and Plant 3D.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.