KGS Group is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Mechanical department in Vancouver, BC.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you’ll manage and support multi-discipline projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including establishment and maintenance of budgets and schedules. Working in a team environment, you will ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and up to high quality standards.
- Perform site inspections and condition assessments
- Prepare and review all deliverables for projects including reports, calculations, drawings and/or specifications
- Prepare and continually monitor a schedule of tasks required to complete the project on time, on budget, and within scope including hours to perform tasks and critical data required for performance
- Analyze and interpret engineering reports, professional journals, technical procedures, code/standards and governmental regulations
- Write or proofread reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, colleagues and the general public
- Keep project and department managers advised of all changes in scope of work and possibly prepare amendments to contracts for review and submission to client
- Prepare, develop, write and review proposals
- Provide site support periodically or full-time, depending on the project needs
- Review shop drawings and contractor’s submittals
- Participate in mentorship as mentors and/or mentees for all levels of practice
- Coordinate with external consultants and vendors, as required, to ensure smooth project delivery
- Help maintain strong relationships with clients
- Managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university; a post graduate degree would be an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in multi discipline engineering with project management skills (Tracking budgets and meeting schedules). Experience with hydroelectric generation facilities or heavy industrial facilities would be an asset.
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with EGBC. Registration in other Canadian provinces would be an additional asset.
- Previous consulting experience is preferred.
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in site investigations, condition assessments, design and construction support is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of power distribution systems up to MV level.
- Knowledge of building systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of industrial controls is an asset.
- Knowledge of hydro stations is an asset.
- Detailed Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, Building Code and other relevant codes and standards for construction of new facilities and facility expansions.
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects.
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.