Project Manager (Water Resources)
KGS Group is seeking a Project Manager to join our well-established Water Resources Department in Mississauga, Ontario.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this position, you will undertake a project management role reporting directly to the Water Resources Department Head. You will be working in a friendly and collaborative environment and interfacing directly with clients.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Managing multiple multi-disciplinary projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects involving water resources, flood control and hydroelectric sectors
- Planning the budget, schedule and resources to complete the proposed and contracted project requirements
- Tracking and reporting project progress to the Client
- Ensuring that deliverables are completed to the Client’s satisfaction
- Distributing/assigning work for the project and coordinating resources with the Department Heads
- Preparation and review of reports and proposals
- Weekly review and approval of project related time and expenses
- Review and approval of monthly invoices
- Tracking and pursuing payment of invoices
- Project set up and closeout activities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in water resources engineering
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in civil/structural/water resources engineering from a recognized university (Master’s degree is an asset)
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral & written English skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
KGS Group believes in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.