Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our well-established Geotechnical Department in Winnipeg, MB.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We are different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we are invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you will be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you will have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role you will manage large geotechnical engineering projects and provide effective design solutions for multi-disciplinary projects. The successful candidate will play a key role in the growth and development of our Geotechnical group in Winnipeg, MB. This position offers significant opportunity for professional growth including but not limited to managing a focused team of engineers and technologists, along with oversight for multi-disciplinary projects, client interaction, business development, and much more!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow a focused group that specializes in heavy foundation design for industrial and civil infrastructure, braced excavation, soil-structure interaction and works collaboratively within the geotechnical department.
- Direct a wide variety of geotechnical projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation; design and construction.
- Direct and review geotechnical analyses and provide technical expertise with a focus on soil mechanics, heavy foundation design, soil-structure interaction, and braced excavation.
- Manage quality control and risks during geotechnical and design work, including critical review of results in coordination with other disciplines.
- Manage multidisciplinary projects and ensure that quality projects are delivered on time and within approved budget in coordination with other disciplines.
- Maintain existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities.
- Prepare and review technical proposals and design work packages in response to client requests.
- Coach and mentor junior and intermediate staff with respect to their career growth and professional development.
- Participate in hiring, performance reviews, and training decisions.
- Participate in and promote KGS Group’s safety-first culture.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil or Geological Engineering. Post-graduate degree M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. in Civil/Geotechnical engineering will be considered an asset.
- Current registration or eligibility to register as a P. Eng. in Manitoba.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in geotechnical engineering in the heavy foundations design, braced excavation, and soil-structure interaction.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, innovation, and commitment to technical excellence.
- Demonstrated abilities in effective time management and prioritization, attention to detail, and working effectively in an environment requiring prioritization of several assignments simultaneously.
- Some exposure to or knowledge of numerical modeling and finite element analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; strong report writing skills.
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership experience.
- Willing and able to work extended hours, when needed, to meet deadlines.
- Valid Driver’s License.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.