KGS Group is looking for a Senior Hydrogeologist to join our Environmental team in one of our regional offices (Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Saskatoon, or Regina).
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role you will undertake a leadership role within the department, reporting directly to the Department Head. You will participate in design, day-to-day project work, business development, and play a large role in mentoring the team. You will be working in a collaborative environment with a great team of engineers and scientists, and you will also have the opportunity to interface directly with clients.
Your key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Guidance and mentoring of the physical hydrogeology team and working collaboratively with other senior members to support the growth of the hydrogeology team
- Assessment, design and control of groundwater systems related to groundwater supply, geothermal, contaminant assessment remediation, hydrogeochemistry and construction dewatering/depressurization
- Managing and executing multiple hydrogeological projects from the proposal stage through to completion. Projects will include a variety of small to large projects involving environmental, solid waste, geotechnical, flood control and hydroelectric sectors
- Lead physical hydrogeology components for local and regional projects, including preparation and review of reports
- Establish linkages with other departments to support and enhance service delivery
- Frequent and active interaction with clients, local and regional teams of groundwater professionals
- Travel to project sites is usually limited but is required depending on project/client requirements
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to execute project deliverables, as well as ensuring that quality objectives, schedules and budgets are met
- Pursuing and supporting business opportunities with new and existing clients
- Managing and mentoring junior staff
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum M.Sc. degree in Hydrogeology/Geology from a recognized university; or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in hydrogeology with demonstrated project management skills (Tracking budgets and meeting schedules)
- Preference to be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer or geoscientist in Manitoba and/or Saskatchewan, as well as other Canadian provinces.
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Candidate must have prior pertinent experience working collaboratively and co-operatively with team members
- Proactive approach in technical service delivery, and ability to lead teams, including high-level communication and presentation skills
- Experience in developing client relationships and contributing to business growth with a strong initiative, motivation and drive toward long-term success
- Experience with well test analyses in a variety of applications and geological settings using industry-standard software including FEFLOW, Visual MODFLOW, AQTESOLV, and AQUACHEM
- Experience with hydrogeological projects surrounding mining operations, such as aquifer depressurization and dewatering, injection and disposal and mine pit inflows is an asset
- Experience with groundwater monitoring programs for regulatory purposes, large-scale environmental impact assessments, and well licensing applications is an asset
- Previous field experience involving hydrogeological assessments, including drilling, hydraulic testing and design for applications such as well field layout and optimization is an asset
- Experience with project planning, including the ability to accurately estimate the time necessary to complete field programs and full life cycle projects; the ability to complete projects within the assigned budget is essential
- Experience working with Indigenous clients is an asset
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. We believe in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.