Senior Municipal Engineer/Project Manager
KGS group is seeking a Senior Municipal Engineer to join our well-established Municipal Department in our Winnipeg Office.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this position, you will play a key role in assisting with the management of the Municipal department through leadership/mentorship of staff, design oversight, and management of key projects.
You will share project management responsibilities with senior staff and work closely with the municipal department head team. You will assist in business development through procurement of new projects in new sectors, while aiding our team in the continued growth of our current client base. You will work in a friendly and collaborative multi-disciplinary environment supported by the many other departments in our local office. You will direct staff within our robust municipal department (approximately 40 staff) who will assist you in attaining your goals. Through your work at KGS, you will continue to have opportunities to advance your aspirations.
Your mission will ensure project objectives schedules and budgets are met. On any given day, you’ll have the opportunity to interface directly with clients that include major urban centers, municipalities, First Nations, provincial, Federal organizations and private industry, you’ll prepare designs, reports, studies, and contract documents. You will be part of a team that delivers innovative solutions for our clients. All of this will take place in our friendly, collaborative work environment where you will work together with other disciplines to get the job done.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide design oversight on a wide variety of municipal assignments including land development, stormwater management, water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, Trenchless and tunnelling installations of Linear infrastructure, flood protection and recreational and waterfront facilities
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects and ensure that quality projects are delivered on-time and within approved budgets in coordination with discipline leads
- Maintain existing client relationship and develop new business opportunities
- Prepare and review technical proposal and design work packages in response to client requests
- Coach and mentor junior staff with their career growth and professional development
- Participate in and promote KGS Group’s safety-first culture
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualification and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Eng. designation
- 10+ years of related work experience in the planning, design and implementation of municipal infrastructure projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with municipal engineering software (examples: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, InfoWorks CS or other stormwater modelling software, WaterCAD or other water distribution modelling software)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Working knowledge of relevant municipal and guidance documents (examples: construction Contracts and Standard Construction Specifications for the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba Water Services Board and Manitoba Infrastructure)
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.