Senior Transportation Engineer (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our team in Winnipeg to prepare functional, preliminary and detailed designs.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This opportunity has exciting potential that will be shaped around your reputation and name in industry. As a Senior Transportation Engineer, you will contribute knowledge and experience to the design, construction and maintenance of highway and urban transportation infrastructure.
You will be responsible in a hands-on manner for all aspects of business from proposal writing to project delivery. This position answers to the Transportation Department Head. You will work to deliver projects involving urban and rural road design, transit (BRT, LRT) and active transportation. You will be engaged with our other offices and work in an exciting multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers and landscape architects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare planning reports, functional, preliminary and detailed designs associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of highways, interchanges, arterial roads, collector roads, local roads, transit facilities and bicycle infrastructure
- Assist in the development of the design team
- Prepare proposals, design criteria, preliminary designs, detailed engineering specifications, and reports
- Prepare Contract Specifications, Tender Documents, and Applications for Approvals
- Identify and respond to business opportunities
- Develop and enhance client relationships
- Liaise with clients, government and regulatory authorities, and contractors
- Assist in preparation for and participate in public information meetings
- Prepare project scopes, schedules and budgets
- Mentor staff and work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary client-focused solutions
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
- Eligible for registration with APEGM
- 15 years of experience in municipal and road design
- Overpass and interchange design, transit design and active transportation design is an asset
- Experience applying TAC Geometric Design Guide and applicable industry design practices, standards and processes
- Proven work experience supporting the planning, design and implementation of various transportation infrastructure projects. These could include:
- urban roadways (regional streets, residential streets, industrial roads, alleys)
- rural roadways & highways
- active transportation routes (on and off-street)
- parking lots
- flexible and rigid pavement designs (AASHTO 1993 & ME)
- infrastructure condition assessments
- traffic impact assessments
- Strong people skills, and ability to work with wide variety of staff and clients
- Strong writing skills, including experience in the preparation of technical memos and reports
- Strong project management capabilities and proposal/report writing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of design practices, standards and policies used in industry
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.