KGS Group is seeking a Structural Draftsperson to join our well-established team in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. It’s a place where you can apply your abilities and contribute to challenging and meaningful projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll also have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
As a Structural Draftsperson you will have the opportunity to assist in the growth of our highly successful Thunder Bay operation. You will be engaged with our other offices and work on an exciting multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers and landscape architects. The selected candidate will participate in and manage multi-disciplinary projects with both public and private sector clients with a focus on buildings, bridges and civil structures.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Produce drawings from rough sketches and instructions, maps, charts, diagrams in accordance with established practices and techniques
- Produce layouts and details for buildings, bridges, structural works, utilities, etc; complete dimensional calculations
- Capable of making routine decisions within established procedures and well-defined standard practices
- Achieve the required degree of accuracy in details such as density, width and uniformity of lines, placement of lines, letters and symbols
- Work under close supervision with reviews done regularly for technical accuracy and completeness
- Expected to work in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant with the following qualifications:
- Technical college graduate in drafting technology / CAD
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Proficient in the use of current AutoCAD software; working knowledge of Microstation, Revit and Civil 3D software will be considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent technical and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Full Class 5 Driver's License
KGS Group is an employee-owned, equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.