Urban/Municipal Hydraulic Design Engineer-in-Training (1)
KGS Group is seeking a junior Urban/Municipal Hydraulic Design Engineer-in-Training to join our well-established and expanding Urban Hydraulics team as part of our Water Resources Department in either our Winnipeg or Mississauga offices. The preferred candidate will assist urban hydraulics team with sanitary sewer and stormwater modelling, analysis, and design duties on a wide range of projects.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
The Urban/Municipal Hydraulic Design Engineer-in-Training will complete hydraulic design projects and provide effective design solutions for multi-disciplinary projects. This position offers significant opportunity for professional growth including but not limited to managing multi-disciplinary projects, client interaction and business development, and much more!
The successful applicant will be a recent graduate with drive and interest the various aspects of urban drainage design including urban and rural land drainage, sanitary sewer and stormwater modelling, analysis, and design, and urban system hydraulics.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Hydrologic analyses and development of design storms and design flows
- Hydraulic analysis, modelling, and design of sanitary and land drainage sewer systems
- Design of hydraulic structures, water conveyance, pump stations/forcemains, and storage systems
- Preparation of technical reports, drawings, and specifications
- Preparation of bid/proposal packages
- Preparation and delivery of professional presentations
- Collaborate with the project teams and other disciplines within KGS Group
- Helping to maintain strong relationships with clients
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in civil engineering with a specialization in water resources engineering from a recognized university (Master’s degree is an asset)
- 0 to 3 years of experience in water resources or municipal engineering. Demonstrated project management skills (i.e. tracking budgets and meeting schedules) would be an asset
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong working technical knowledge of and experience in water resources/municipal engineering
- Experience working with numerical modelling programs such as InfoWorks ICM, PC-SWMM, XPSWMM, AutoCAD/Civil3D, ArcMap/GIS, etc. will be considered an asset
- Experience with computer programing skills will be considered an asset
- Organizational skills, ability to manage time and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a E.I.T or Professional Engineer in Manitoba or Ontario, as well as other Canadian provinces
- You have a valid driver’s license and are willing to travel to job sites outside of the city
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. We believe in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.