KGS Group is currently looking to fill a permanent position for a Vegetation Ecologist in our growing Ecology and Environmental Impact Assessment Department in Saskatchewan. KGS Group has offices in both Saskatoon and Regina, and both offices will be considered based on right fit candidates.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
KGS Group is looking for an experienced Vegetation Ecologist to join our growing Ecology and Environmental Impact Assessment Department. The position will be based out of Saskatoon or Regina; however, accommodations may be made for the right applicant in Alberta or Manitoba. The successful applicant will be an up-and-coming technical leader, or current leader in your field with the drive to participate in a growing dynamic environmental team!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Conducting vegetation inventories, listed plant surveys, and weed surveys in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Alberta
- Conducting wetland classification surveys and delineation of wetland boundaries
- Environmental Monitoring related to vegetation or wetlands
- Writing technical data reports
- Completing provincial and federal environmental permitting applications under the supervision of senior practitioners
- Contributing to workplan and budget development under the supervision of senior practitioners
- Collaborate with and support other environmental disciplines in supporting project work
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in related technical field, and/or a Technical Diploma in a related field
- 2 years’ experience conducting vegetation inventories in the prairies, preferably in a consulting environment
- Valid driver’s license
- A person with a strong attention to detail with an ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to work in remote locations for extended periods
- Experience working on a variety of ecoregions across western Canada
Experience with the following will be considered assets:
- Experience with writing portions of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Familiarity and experience with the Alberta Wetlands Classification System and permitting.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.