Water Resources Engineer-in-Training (Mississauga)
KGS Group is seeking a Water Resources Engineer-in-Training to join our well-established team in Mississauga, Ontario.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We are invested in our work and our people and offer an exciting environment for young engineers to grow into their careers. Working with us you will be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond, and will be exposed to our wide-ranging expertise, with countless opportunities to learn.
We offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities to develop a successful career in consulting engineering. At KGS Group, you will be working alongside industry leaders that have played a significant part in many of the major water resources developments in Canada. You will report directly to a senior engineer and will have opportunity to progress towards your professional goals.
The successful applicant will be a recent graduate with the drive and interest to participate in all aspects of water resources engineering, including numerical modelling, calculations, field inspections and preparation of reports and presentations. The work will mainly be carried out of our Mississauga office. Travel to various sites will be determined according to project requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and modelling
- Design of hydraulic structures, water conveyance and storage systems
- Preparation of technical reports, drawings and specifications
- Preparation of bid/proposal packages
- Helping to maintain strong relationships with clients
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in civil engineering with a specialization in water resources engineering from a recognized university (Master’s degree is an asset)
- 0-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an engineering consulting environment
- Strong understanding of water resources engineering principles. Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modelling and analysis software is an asset (please indicate to us details of your experience with numerical models)
- Organizational skills, ability to manage time and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Candidate must be able to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Computer skills. Proficiency in MS Office. Familiarity with programming, databases and GIS is an asset
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability/willingness to undergo security clearance checks
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. We believe in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.