Water Resources Engineer-in-Training (Winnipeg)
KGS Group is seeking a Water Resources Engineer-in-Training to join our well-established, Winnipeg Water Resources Department.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you’ll work in a team environment to prepare hydrologic and hydraulic engineering designs and related studies. You will work on assigned projects with the mentorship and guidance of an intermediate and senior engineers. Working in a team environment, you will help to ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and up to high quality standards. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting major water resources and hydroelectric projects in Canada and collaborate with other engineering disciplines and project teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Complete technical engineering under the supervision of senior engineers, including, but not limited to, hydrologic assessments, hydraulic modelling, surface drainage design, erosion and sedimentation control, design of crossings, design of hydraulic structures, wind and wave analysis, dam breach modelling, flood mapping, flood management and flood protection design.
- Assist with report and proposal writing.
- Data collection and input, and other tasks as assigned, to assist the engineering team in the completion of engineering studies and delivery of reports for various clients.
- Collaborate with the project teams and other disciplines within KGS Group.
- Bachelor's degree (B.Sc.) in civil or water resources engineering from a recognized university. Master's degree is an asset.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an engineering consulting environment.
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills.
- Strong proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office.
- You’re motivated and up for the challenge to learn new things and join a growing Water Resources department.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including technical report and proposal writing. French verbal and written skills would be an asset.
- You have a valid driver’s license and are willing to travel to job sites outside of the city.
- Willing and able to work extended hours, when needed, to meet deadlines.
- The work will mainly be carried out of our Winnipeg office. Travel to various outdoor sites and durations at the sites will be determined by project needs.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package. We believe in assisting each of our employees to fulfill their career goals. We offer professional development opportunities along with a competitive pay and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.