Water Resources Technologist
KGS Group is seeking a Water Resources Technologist to join our well-established, Winnipeg Water Resources Department.
We are KGS Group, an employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. We’re different than traditional engineering firms. We believe a commitment to lasting relationships is just as critical as the expertise applied in our work. To us that means we put our clients and people first. We have the discipline to consistently deliver KGS Quality, never taking the easy way out. We always look closer and dig deeper. And no matter the project, we care enough to do it right.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our work and our people. Working with us means you’ll be part of some of the most interesting projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. With the extensive, wide-ranging expertise within our company, you’ll have countless opportunities to learn and grow.
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to work on varied projects under the mentorship of our senior team members and develop your skills on various water resources projects. Through this role, you will have the opportunity to participate and contribute to activities including but not limited to, GIS modelling and mapping, flood plain mapping, and design drafting support.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conduct Geographic Information System (GIS) activities associated with creating, editing, and analyzing spatial data.
- Develop specialized mapping products for a variety of platforms to support decision making and reporting.
- Support services include the creation, conversion, compilation, and administration of databases and geospatial databases.
- Perform field and office calculations effectively.
- Communicate directly with clients and contractors.
To fill the role, we’re looking for an applicant to bring forward a good mix of qualifications and previous experiences. Some highlights could include:
- The successful applicant will have a relevant diploma or degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, Geography, or in GIS Technology.
- Experience working in GIS applications, such as ESRI ArcGIS Pro would be an asset.
- Experience working with AutoCAD, MicroStation, and/or Civil 3D Software would be an asset.
- Experience working with programming languages, such as Python and SQL would be an asset.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Highly proactive with exceptional problem solving/analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical report and proposal writing.
- A valid driver’s license and are willing to travel to job sites outside of the city.
- The work will mainly be carried out of our Winnipeg office. Travel to various outdoor sites and durations at the sites will be determined by project needs.
KGS Group is an employee-owned equal opportunity company offering an excellent compensation and benefits package.
KGS Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, KGS Group will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.