Water is the most important resource on our planet: it’s finite, non-replaceable and impossible to live without. Protecting this precious resource while harnessing its power and potential is one of our key capabilities. Our water resources engineers respond to and manage flood crises, harness the power of water for hydroelectric development, and manage stormwater for safe and effective urban design.
- River and River Ice Engineering
- Hydrometric Surveys
- Flood Protection
- Hydroelectric Generating Stations
- Hydraulic Structure Design
- Dam Safety
- Numerical & Physical Modelling
- Fish Passage & Habitat
- Urban Drainage & Stormwater Management
Hydroelectric Generating Stations
As industry experts in the design of hydroelectric generating stations, we can assist with new greenfield sites as well as rehabilitation work for brownfield sites.
The basis of all hydroelectric generating stations is a reliable source of water from which the electricity is generated. Our hydraulic engineers are skilled in all aspects of this work:
- hydroelectric feasibility studies
- energy production optimization & modeling
- transient analysis
- penstock design
- reservoir simulation and optimization of station operations
- assessment and rehabilitation (pre-feasibility through final design and construction)
Our team delivers comprehensive services for generating stations. Learn more about our electrical, structural and mechanical services for generating stations.